The heavily downloaded app is unlike other social platforms and brands and influencers alike should be utilizing it! We go in-depth on the best strategies to get the most out of it.
BeReal is an app centered around candid photos. It is the antithesis of other apps where you cannot alter/filter photographs. It's literally a modern day point and shoot and gives a user a two-minute time frame to post their photograph.
Less than two years old and with a rapidly growing audience, BeReal has over 3 million daily active users and is a potential resource for brands and influencers alike.
Though influencers are known for their heavily curated and edited feeds, the marketing strategy behind BeReal can be pivoted to showcase a more candid and "in the moment" experience for their audience. Some strategic ideas for influencers on the app, can be:
- Behind-the-Scenes shots at events, photoshoots and public appearances.
- Candid and random moments and more day to day content that can foster relatability.
- Using the app as a referral to your other social media channels.
BeReal's policy restricts commercial ads, so brands need to be creative in how they use the app. Just like the strategic ideas above with influencers and content creators, brands can also:
- Pull back the veil on production and services, by showing behind the scenes content of the day to day at the office or production facilities.
- Share discount codes and promotions, as they are currently safe since they bypass BeReal's algorithm. So taking a photo of the promo for your audience is a safe and strong strategy.
- Showcase your staff! Provide a human interest to the brand by showing the people behind it
The biggest takeaway from BeReal is to be authentic. Authenticity is the driving force behind this app. Don't try so hard. Put in an effort and some thought into your content, but keep it as simple as possible. The audience expects unfiltered reality, fulfill their expectations!